Protocol of care for people of Mexican nationality and foreigner who are in Mexican national territory in centers of accommodation during the mandatory quarantine by COVID-19
- The hosting industry, including hosting platforms and OTAs will stop receive reservations and will reschedule all reservations during the validity of the “Healthy distance” policy.
- In the case of guests for essential economic activities such as travel business, can have a maximum occupancy of 15% and will require a proof of the company you work for, specifying the branch you are dealing with, so that the lodging center can verify that it is one of the branches exactly as essential activities described in the Official Gazette of the Federation.
- The State Tourism Secretariats in coordination with the National Associations of the hotel industry will define a list of lodging centers destined to focus on all domestic and foreign guests with respiratory symptoms (Hotel COVID) and foreign guests without respiratory symptoms (Hotel NO COVID) in so much recommended hopes the support of your government governments for your process repatriation
- The lodging centers authorized to attend the contingency will be specifically those who have medical service and will maintain communication close with specific health services.
- Members of national associations of the hotel industry are hereby authorized to: for humanitarian reasons, specifically restricted to foreign citizens staying in the facilities of the specific lodging centers.
- The mobilization of people in said accommodation centers during the contingency It will be strictly limited to the rooms in which they are located.
- The lodging centers close their sports and social facilities such as: swimming pools, gyms, spas, restaurants, entertainment centers, business rooms, etc.
- Foreign citizens who are in Mexican national territory in centers of accommodation, obliged to communicate with their diplomatic representations to start your paperwork back home.
- Diplomatic representations and foreign citizens in hosting centers, they will arrange the coverage of the payment of the lodging and food.
- The lodging centers must apply preferential rates to accommodate visitors foreigners in need of isolation for a minimum of 14 days, or until further notice from the health authorities.
- In the case of the personnel who work in the lodging centers, they will be subject to the following provisions:
- People who belong to groups considered to be at higher risk for complications due to COVID-19, they will not be able to work.
- They will be subject to the sanitary labor filter described in the “General Guideline for mitigation and prevention of COVID-19 in closed public spaces”, published in https://www.gob.mx/coronavirus
- The personnel designated to care for the rooms with people Protocol subject to modifications according to health needs suspected of transmission or confirmed of COVID-19 should take the following personal precautionary measures: frequent hand washing, respiratory label, Sanitary labor filter and strict use of personal protective equipment.
- The lodging center must provide its personnel with the protective equipment necessary to provide the service safely: Disposable surgical mask or cloth, disposable latex gloves, disposable or cloth cap, uniform and service Laundry for the uniforms, masks and cloth caps used during their day labor.
- Food for people will be previously defined by the lodging center according to their capacities and supply, and will be supplied in their rooms.
- The lodging center will be in charge of providing basic supplies for the hygiene of people staying: Drinking water, soap, shampoo, disposable tissues, paper Hygienic, towels and linens, at least once a week.
- People who have respiratory symptoms will be isolated preventively in a separate room (except for those who require accompaniment).
- In case any of the people in the lodging centers start with respiratory symptoms, personnel should immediately notify the medical service and state health authorities, according to the “Standardized Guideline for epidemiological and laboratory surveillance of COVID-19 ”.
- When releasing a room that has housed people with suspicion or confirmation of COVID-19, a thorough cleaning and disinfection must be carried out before returning to occupy it with another person.
- The hotels of the Mexican Republic, in compliance with the sanitary measure of “Stay at home”, they will only authorize the accommodation of the aircraft and ship crew that they arrive in Mexico, that they require it.
– The highest surfaces should be cleaned with a cloth / cloth / flannel / towel / slang impregnated with detergent water, avoiding dispersing the powder.
– The walls, windows and doors that include the handles must be cleaned thoroughly regular, as well as when they are visibly dirty.
– Horizontal surfaces that include tables, chairs, beds, shelves or other Installations attached to the wall should be cleaned with a cloth with water with detergent, rinse with clean water and disinfect with chlorinated solution (see more forward technique of the three buckets).
– In the rooms of patients in isolation the same methodology of cleaning, with the personnel having to follow the required precautions (insulation of contact and drops).
– In the event of spills of body fluids on the surfaces, the procedure must be following way: o Put on gloves and cover the surface with paper / absorbent material.
Protocol subject to modifications according to health needs –
o Remove as much dirt.
o Throw away the paper / wash other material.
o Finally, continue cleaning on a regular basis.
- b) Disinfection with chlorinated solution
– A bucket will be filled with warm water and detergent in sufficient quantity to make foam, another with clean water and a third with chlorinated solution.
– In principle, the equipment, walls, will be cleaned with the detergent solution openings and all those elements that need to be cleaned.
– It will then be rinsed with clean water and dried.
– Finally, disinfection will be carried out by direct contact applying on the surfaces, chlorinated solution and will allow to dry.
– The floors will be cleaned applying the same technique previously described.
- c) Routine disinfection
– In each patient room, frequent contact surfaces must be identified (knobs, bed rails, keyboards, telephones, table tops, lamps table)
– These surfaces should be disinfected daily at least once a day, ideally once per turn.
– A cloth impregnated with disinfecting solution or with 70% alcohol.
- d) For a liter of disinfecting solution it is necessary:
– Fill a bottle with a liter of clean water
– Add a coffee tablespoon of commercial bleach
– Cap the bottle and shake
– Label the bottle indicating that it contains chlorinated water
– Let stand 30 minutes before using it
– Store the container in a dark place and out of the reach of children
– This solution can be used for a month to clean surfaces