YOUR ANA AT WORK, HELP US CONTINUE OUR OVERSITE OF OUR PLAN PARCIAL BY DONATING TO OUR ANNUAL DRIVE SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED!
(Conchas Chinas HOA worked with Profeco, the Ecology Protection agency to stop construction, and ANA worked with PRODEUR The Attorney Generals office of Jaliscso which stated that the city must work with ANA prior to approval of permits.
President Amlo of Mexico spoke about Puerto Vallarta Irresponsible Development, recently reported by Mexican Press. Feburary 2021
The issue of the illegal construction of large buildings in Puerto Vallarta was brought to the morning press conference of the President of the Republic Andrés Manuel López Obrador, this Wednesday in Mexico City, who upon hearing the problem announced that he would give instructions to the Secretary of the Environment, María Luisa Albores and the Attorney General’s Office to act in this regard.
Questioned by the journalist of the Gulf Corporation, Judith Sánchez, who exposed the proliferation of large towers in this tourist destination, specifically mentioned the case of Conchas Chinas, where they intend to build 14-story buildings, impacting the environment and land use housing, to change it to tourism, affecting the architectural value of the area.
SECRETARY OF THE ENVIRONMENT AND ATTORNEY OFFICE WILL ACT
The executive indicated that it is the state authorities who grant these permits and asked the Ministry of the Environment to give a report on the case, so that they act together with the Attorney General’s Office to prevent these works, if they affect the environment and if buildings that exceed those heights.
The journalist asked her: “What is the federation doing in this regard, to stop this type of abuse by these construction companies?”
The president replied, “In this case, the state authorities grant these permits, but the Ministry of the Environment also has to do, so we are going to ask María Luisa Albores to see what it is about.” ( Actually the City Granted these Permits)
The communicator added that there are even complaints in Semarnat, where they said there is no permit for some construction companies, and insisted on questioning what the federation would do to avoid damages.
“That the Ministry of the Environment and the Attorney General’s Office act and that construction be prevented, if it is illegal, and if the environment is affected, and if it is not allowed to build buildings of those heights … all that can be avoided, because it is a violation of the law, but there is also a regulation that has to do with the states, you have to see it, “said López Obrador.
He acknowledged that the federal government must put pressure on state authorities and stressed that the Ministry of the Environment does not issue permits for such projects.
It should be remembered that there are 9 buildings that the Asociación de Colonos de Conchas Chinas, AC, have indicated that they do not have the approval in terms of environmental impact, and that Semarnat has told them that it did not grant permission, even the order of multi-story demolition of one of these towers.
Given this, the President of the Republic promised to act, even said he knows this area of Puerto Vallarta.
For over 20 years the Amapas Neighborhood Association (ANA) has been working on improving the Amapas Colonia. Even with the pandemic, ANA remains strong. We’re taking this opportunity to let you know what we’ve done for the neighborhood lately.
Safety and Security
- Created Amapas Neighborhood Watch for entire colonia
- Created street-based WhatsApp groups so neighbors can communicate to each other in English
- Safety data collected over six months clearly shows decline in crime
- Neighborhood Watch signs available for buildings to create a visual deterrent to criminals
- Serena Development on Calle Santa Barbara – ANA received supportive responses from PRODEUR (State attorney general) regarding our concerns; PROFECA closed the development down because it did not conduct an environmental impact study
- ANA is negotiating with Serena developer to reduce capacity.
- ANA has positive relationship with Serena developer to ensure needs of community are met.
- In 20 days ANA will install a new trash receptacle at Los Pinos and the Highway.
- The Serena developer will help us secure a meeting with SEAPAL, water office.
- Serena developer has agreed to improve Calle Santa Barbara after work is completed, revitalize stairs to beach, and maintain tree that exists in the road.
- ANA recognized by City for its work on improving infrastructure – streets, highway, and stairs.
- The ANA community provided 22,000 meals to 5 PV colonias for 22 weeks during the pandemic.
- Through the generous donations of ANA members and friends, we provided much needed assistance to our community and gave to those who provided support to us when we live and play in PV.
“How does the Amapas Neighborhood Association benefit me – personally?”
Well, that’s the thing, it’s not about you personally.
It’s about our entire neighborhood.
There are approximately 127 buildings in Amapas – some condominiums and some houses. Can you imagine what we could do if every one of these buildings were members of the most powerful neighborhood association in Puerto Vallarta?
It’s unimaginable. A stronger community with visible evidence of a united community has higher property value. That’s what we all want from our investment in PV.
Membership fees are 1800 pesos for an individual or 1500 pesos for each unit in a building if you all join. That’s less than $100 USD. Given our low taxes you can be a member, help keep our roads in good shape, and as you can see from everything we’ve done – so much more.
Your membership makes us stronger.
Come on! You can do it! Click on the button below and join easily. It’s that simple.
Sylvia Toy, President
Amapas Neighborhood Association
Debido al COVID-19 y a los requerimientos de distanciamiento social, esta reunión se llevará acabo via zoom.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing requirement, this meeting will be held via Zoom.
De acuerdo a los estatutos de su escritura constitutiva 20,254 de fecha 17 de agosto del 2000 ante la fe del Notario Numero 3, LIC. GUILLERMO RUIZ VAZQUEZ, convoca a ASAMBLEA ORDINARIA a celebrarse desde Carretera a Barra de Navidad 735 Dpt. 2 en Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, a puertas cerrada el viernes 12 de febrero del 2020, a las 11:00 a.m. en primera convocatoria, en caso de no contar con el quorum necesario se convocará a segunda convocatoria a las 11:30 a.m.
Miembros podrán unirse a la reunión by zoom:
Zoom Meeting ID: 833 1522 3219
O bien vía poder simple dando su representación a Steven William Clarke tesorero de la Asociación de Vecinos de la Colonia Amapas A.C., quien estará presente en la reunión.
Based on the bylaws of its constitutive Act number 20,254 dated August 17th. Of 2000 granted by the notary number 3 GUILLERMO RUIZ VAZQUEZ; by means of this notice all members are summoned to an ORDINARY MEETING which will take place from Carretera a Barra de Navidad 735 Dpt. 2 Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, at closed doors, on Friday February 12th, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. If required quorum can’t be reached, then a Second Call shall convene at 11:30 a.m.
Members could join the meeting by zoom:
Zoom Meeting ID: 833 1522 3219
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Also they can send a proxy to Steven William Clarke treasurer of the Amapas Neighborhood Association who will be present at the AGM.
ORDEN DEL DÍA/AGENDA
- Registro y Acreditación de asistentes. Nombramiento de Presidente, Secretario y Escrutador de la Asamblea. Verificación del quorum y declaración de estar legalmente instalada la Asamblea.
Registry of attendants. Appointment of the President and Secretary and vote counters of the Assembly. Quorum and Legal Convening of the Assembly
2. Presentación del Reporte 2020 del Presidente del Consejo de Administración.
President’s Report 2020
3. Presentación del Reporte Financiero 2020 del Tesorero del Consejo de Administración.
Financial Report for 2020
4. Presentación de los miembros del Consejo de Administración para el 2021, votación y nombramiento.
Presentation of the Board’s 2021 Slate, Formal Voting and Seating of New Board
5. Presentación de los objetivos, prioridades, oportunidades y desafíos del 2021
Objectives, Priorities, Opportunities, and Challenges for 2021
6. Presentación del presupuesto y cuota de membresía para 2021 para su aprobación
Approval of the 2021 Budget and Membership Fees
7. Designación de administrador
Appointment of ANA Manager
8. Asuntos varios.
9. Fecha para la próxima Asamblea Ordinaria del 2022
Date for the 2022 Annual Meeting
10. Designación del delegado para la protocolización de las minutas ante el Notario Público.
Nomination of Representatives to Formalize the Ordinary Meeting minutes before the Notary
11. Clausura de la Asamblea
Adjournment of the Meeting
See official call: