Monthly we collect around 200 kilos of PET (Polyethylene terephthalate), which is the most commonly recycled plastic (bottles) and about 10 kilos of aluminum. ANA nets about $300 pesos when we sell it. But it costs us $1,000 pesos for each pickup, so we operate the program at a loss. The only way we can continue the program without charging for collection or continuing to run a deficit, is to increase the volume of recyclables we collect by getting more people in member buildings to use our program, or adding more buildings. Either — or both — would be great, but we could use your help.
- Empty the bottles and cans of any beverage or product.
- Separate into PET and aluminum.
- Separate the caps.
- Coordinate with the other residents in your building where to deposit the items for the month.
- Designate individual (resident/administrator/mozo) who will put the recyclables out for pick-up and away from garbage collection. (It just helps reduce confusion.)
Would you like to extend your help to the entire Amapas neighborhood? We could use your help for a couple of hours each month. What would this involve?
- We’ll give you the email addresses of our building contacts.
- Send them a monthly email notifying them of the monthly recycling pick up date. i.e., first Friday of the month.
- Be our contact with the participating buildings.
We’ll take care of the rest. ANA will work with the man with the truck.
For more info contact Viviana, ANA’s administrator, at 322 244 0185
or email her: email@example.com.